Starting May 4th the County Clerk and Recorders Office will be taking appointments for Motor Vehicle and Driver’s License. During the COVID-19 pandemic Driver’s License Office will only be serving the citizens of Washington County. Staff will meet you at the south door when it is time for your appointment.
Before entering the building you will:
• Be asked to have a face cover (you provide)
• Must answer symptom questionnaire
• Must use hand sanitizer when entering (we provide)
• Staff will take you to the office to help you
• Customer must stand in designated area
• After being helped the staff will walk you back to the door
• Social distancing will be followed while in the Courthouse
• Customer will not be allowed to go to any other part of the Courthouse (Clerk’s and Driver’s License Office are the only offices open)
Time will be allowed between the appointments to allow staff to disinfect office between customers.
Remember you can renew your vehicle license plates any of the following ways:
• Mail it to Washington County Clerk PO Box L, Akron Colorado 80720
• Drop it in our 24-7Drive up Drop box- located northeast side of the Courthouse next to the annex
• Call us and we can take a payment over the phone 970-345-6565
• We will mail your stickers and registration
• Or renew on line at mydmvcolorado.gov, the stickers will be mailed from the State.